My name is Kirby McIlveen. When I was 7, I got a Shih Tzu, Lucky. I found dog sports when we started in agility together in 2003. He went at his own pace, but always ran with precision and loved it. A year later, I got Sketch, a Border Collie. In 2006, we discovered the world of disc dogs and have been competing in disc dog events ever since. Over the years, a few more dogs have joined the pack and enslaved me as their Frisbee thrower. Their talent and enthusiasm has taken us to top-level competitions around the country.
Currently, I’m pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration at CSU Fullerton. When I’m not doing schoolwork, I’m usually training for disc dog competitions, hiking with the dogs, or helping my mom’s non-profit dog rescue, K9 Spirit Organization. I also teach disc dog classes, workshops, and private lessons.
Cool Things My Dogs and I Have Done
National & International Disc Dog Competitions
• 2015 & 2017 Ashley Whippet Invitational World Champion (Torch)
• 2011 Skyhoundz Open Division World Champion (Torch) – Youngest Open World Champion!
• 2015 Skyhoundz Sport Division World Champion (Muse)
• 2015 Skyhoundz Pairs Division World Champion (Muse & Jeff Hill)
• 2013, 2015, & 2017 UFO World Cup Champion (Torch)
• 2017 UFO World Cup Freestyle Champion (Torch)
• 2016 UFO North American Cup Overall Champion (Torch)
• 2015 & 2017 USDDN Super Pro World Champion (Torch)
• Quadruped American Women’s Distance Record Holder, 81.3 yards (Sketch)
• 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 Quadruped Series Women’s Open Champion (Sketch)
• 2017 Purina Incredible Dog Challenge Freestyle Flying Disc National Champion (Torch)
• 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2017 Purina Incredible Dog Challenge Freestyle Flying Disc Western Regional Champion (Torch)
Judging Disc Dog Competitions
• 2015 AWI World Championship Qualifier Judge in Nanjing, China
Live Disc Dog Performances
• 2014 LA Kiss Arena Football at the Honda Center (Sketch & Torch)
• 2014 YPO Global Edge at Nokia Theater (Torch)
• 2012 & 2013 NFL Chargers Game at Qualcomm Stadium (Sketch & Torch)